More and more I'm convinced that food is a key to health. Here you'll find some recipes that are healthy. Not all are Whole30 compliant or paleo, those that are are identified as such. Enjoy!
This is my take on the Sonoma Chicken Salad I found on the Real Plans website, which has been invaluable as I started the Whole 30.
This is a very simple chicken salad to make. Traditionally, I've seen it has honey and a few other ingredients that make it sweet, this is the Whole 30 compliant version. I love this dish because, it's easy to make, takes maybe 15 minutes from start to mouthful. Give it a try on a hot summer day!
1 pkg. Trader Joe's Sliced Roast Chicken Breast
1 cup red grapes
2 stalk celery
For the Mayo
1 tablespoon fresh dill
1 tablespoon fresh chives
1/4 cup of the Easy Basic Mayonnaise
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
sea salt, to taste
ground black pepper, to taste
1. Take about half the Trader Joe's Sliced Roasted Chicken Breast and dice.
2. Slice the red grapes in half
3. Chop the celery stalks. (I don't use the white part on the bottom)
3. Scoop up half of the avocado (after removing the pit) and dice it up into cubes.
4. Chop up some fresh dill
5. Chop up fresh chives
Once you have all of the ingredients prepped, the fun begins...
1. In a mixing bowl, combine the mayo, chives, dill and garlic powder and mix.
2. Add salt and pepper to taste.
3. Add the chicken, grapes and celery and mix.
4. Add the avocado cubes and give a light mix.
5. Ensure that all of the ingredients are coated.
6. Check for seasoning, add salt, pepper to taste.
Serve on a plate, add some of the avocado on top...dig in.